Cardigan or sweater (or very loose tee-shirt) that can be worn either with front or back opening. Length: half hips (the waistcoat can be shortened at the hips... recommended for the version with bows in the back, the look will be nicer). Front or back V-shaped opening with bows, buttons and loops or zip. The cut allows you to put it on without opening the cardigan. Facing at opening and neckline. Bottom sleeves and body with hem. No pocket.
Skill level: easy to intermediate
What you will learn: how to assemble a facing, how to assemble bows or a zipper, or optionally how to make loops.
- Fabric 1 - cardigan : preferably knitted or woven soft/stretchy. Fleece, French terry, knitted Ponti Roma, terry jersey, knitted knit, heavy jersey, quilted jersey, quilted fabric, knitted or woven stretchy jeans, jacquard.
- Fabric 2 - facing / bows: cotton poplin, linen, viscose.
Supplies (for all sizes):
- main fabric 1 in 140cm width: 130cm
- fabric 2 in 140 cm wide for the facing and bows: 70cm
fabric 2 if the fabric is plain or with a nondirection pattern: 30cm
- fine fusible interfacing (90cm wide): 30 cm
- button/loop option: 1 or 4 buttons depending on the partial or total buttoning option) + round elastic type cord for hat: 20cm
- zipper option: a separable zip of 40cm (or 30 or 35 cm if you shorten the cardigan by 5 or 10 cm)
Size range: (French) 34-46