Make your own playful and practical raincoat or cosy duffle to shelter from the elements. Fully lined, Eden has raglan sleeves and thoughtful details like a high neck hood to keep out the wind, practical pockets and a hanging loop. Choose from hip or long lengths, snaps or toggle fastenings with optional zip, two pocket styles and optional storm flaps. Whether on a weekend walk, at a festival or doing the school run, you can wear your DIY outerwear with pride!
Skill level: Improvers
Medium- to heavy-weight woven fabrics such as wool coating, cotton drill, waxed canvas, Gore-Tex, ripstop, PUL and cotton laminate. For the lining, try viscose, acetate, polyester or cotton lawn, or even low stretch jersey for a casual anorak lining.
- Fabric - Jacket: sizes 1-3: 3m x 150cm or 3.3m x 115cm wide. Sizes 4-8: 3.3m x 150cm or 4.3m x 115cm. Coat: sizes 1-3: 3.2m x 150cm or 2.6m x 115cm. Sizes 4-8: 3.4m x 150cm or 4.6m x 115cm.
- Lining - see back of packet
- Matching thread
- 1.4m interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 6-8 x 15mm visible or hidden press-on or sew on snaps. Optional: 2 extra snaps for pockets
- Optional: 3 x ready-made toggle fastenings or toggle buttons and cord
- Optional: open-end zip 50-53cm for jacket version, 58-72cm for coat version
- Sewing machine, basic tools, incl zip foot
SIZES (BODY MEASUREMENTS)
|1 (UK 6 / US 2 / EUR 34)||76cm (30in)||61cm (24in)||84cm (33in)|
|2 (UK 8 / US 4 / EUR 36)||81cm (32in)||66cm (26in)||89cm (35in)|
|3 (UK 10 / US 6 / EUR 38)||86.5cm (34in)||71cm (28in)||94cm (37in)|
|4 (UK 12 / US 8 / EUR 40)||91.5cm (36in)||76cm (30in)||99cm (39in)|
|5 (UK 14 / US 10 / EUR 42)||96.5cm (38in)||81cm (32in)||104cm (41in)|
|6 (UK 16 / US 12 / EUR 44)||101.5cm (40in)||86.5cm (34in)||109cm (43in)|
|7 (UK 18 / US 14 / EUR 46)||106.5cm (42in)||91.5cm (36in)||114cm (45in)|
|8 (UK 20 / US 16 / EUR 48)||112cm (44in)||96.5cm (38in)||119.5cm (47in)|